Bullied teen speaks out after beating was caught on school cameras

Bullied teen speaks out after beating was caught on school cameras

WALPOLE, Mass. — A Walpole high school student is speaking out against her accused bully after one incident was caught by a school security camera.

Police have arrested a 15-year-old high school student and charged her with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

The victim, who is also 15-years-old, claims she was beaten in school, cyber bullied and bullied by the same girl for the past six months.

Content Continues Below

"She attacked me from behind, punching me in the back of my head, and kept punching me in the back of my head, and kneeing me in the stomach," said the victim. "It left me a with a concussion, which i’m not able to go to school and take my MCAS testing now. It’s affecting my school education now.

For safety reasons, the victim will remain anonymous as she claims she's been living in fear, and now is physically hurting.

The student told Boston 25 News the bullying started after her sister passed away, and that the other girl was allegedly bullying her over social media.

"She kept talking about my past sister and that i should get over it," said the victim. "She was writing on social media that i’m a whore and i should kill myself."

The teen's mother says she wasted no time in contacting authorities after she began noticing changes in her daughter's behavior.

"She’s been losing weight and been sleeping a lot, I knew something was going on," said the victim's mother.

The mother claims she called the superintendent's office numerous times over the last few months.

"I called 15 times and spoke to his secretary, [who] said he would get back to me," said the mother.

Walpole Police Chief John Carmichael says his department has taken action in the case.

"We’ve done everything legally that we can do to make sure that the victim is protected, and all of the students are safe," said Chief Carmichael.

"No one is trying to fix it or stop talking about it, so it’s affecting my whole life, it’s making me depressed," said the victim.

The alleged bully has since been suspended from the school and is awaiting a hearing in juvenile district court on Thursday morning.

The school department released a short statement on the issue, saying, in part, that the students' safety is their number one priority.