• Boston apartment building evacuated for carbon monoxide leak

    Updated:

    BOSTON - A carbon monoxide leak forced four people from an apartment in East Boston overnight.

    Emergency responders were called to Elbow Street just before 11 p.m. for a gas leak. When they arrived, they found high carbon monoxide readings in the apartment building.

    >> RELATED: Off-duty firefighter recognizes carbon monoxide symptoms, helps save 30 people at restaurant

    Two people were sent to the hospital as a precaution.

    Eversource went to the scene to try and pinpoint a cause, but the fire department tweeted out the source could be smoldering cables underground.

    >> RELATED: Father and son die of apparent CO poisoning in Acushnet


    >> Want morning headlines delivered right to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter here


    Next Up: