• 2 people hospitalized after accidentally overdosing on edibles in Newburyport

    By: Mike Saccone

    Updated:

    NEWBURYPORT, Mass. - Two people were taken to the hospital and two others refused treatment after accidentally overdosing on edibles, Newburyport Fire Chief Chris LeClaire told Boston 25 News.

    First responders were called to Chase Street around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. 

    LeClaire said the victims ingested a substance believed to be marijuana. 

    None of the victims were unconscious or in serious condition.

    Next Up: