CANOBIE LAKE JR. REPORTER CONTEST 2018 OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Canobie Lake Jr. Reporter Contest (the “Contest”) is open to residents of New Hampshire and Massachusetts who (i) are between the ages of 6 and 16 at the time of entry; (ii) attend the designated Zip Trip location on a Contest Day; and (iii) have a parent or legal guardian present with a valid I.D. Employees of Cox Media Group Northeast, LLC d/b/a WFXT-TV (“Sponsor”), Canobie Lake Park, and its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Contest or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Contest event.
3. How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 6:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on Friday, June 22, 2018 and end at 9:59 a.m. EST on Friday, August 24, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
Enter by visiting the designated Zip Trip location on any Friday during the Contest Period (each a “Contest Day”) between the hours of 6:00 a.m. EST and 10:00 a.m. EST. Visit boston25news.com/ziptrips for a complete listing of Zip Trip locations.
The Contest Days during the Contest Period are as follows: June 22, June 29, July 6, July 13, July 20, July 27, August 3, August 10, August 17, and August 24.
You may enter the Contest on as many Contest Days as you like, but a maximum of one (1) prize will be awarded per person during the Contest.
4. Winner Selection. On each Contest Day during the Contest Period Sponsor and its qualified judges (selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion) will select one (1) entrant as a winner based on the following criteria (“Criteria”): enthusiasm, spirit, and willingness to appear on camera during the live Zip Trip broadcast. There will be a total of ten (10) Contest Day winners.
5. Prize Description. Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each Contest Day winner will receive one (1) Grand Prize: (a) the opportunity to introduce a story and interact with the Boston 25 News anchors during the live Zip Trip broadcast, on the air at any time from 6a.m. through 10a.m. on that Contest Day; and (b) four (4) tickets to Canobie Lake Park during the 2018 season. Approximate Retail Value: $152.
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential winner will be notified on the day of the Zip Trip broadcast by a Boston 25 staff member.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner and a parent/legal guardian must respond to Sponsor immediately upon notification, appear on the broadcast, and personally visit Sponsor’s Zip Trip tent to present a valid government-issued photo ID for parent/legal guardian.
Potential winner’s parent/legal guardian may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law).
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Prize tickets are subject to all terms imposed by the issuer, including but not limited to any restrictions on use or expiration dates. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner and/or winner’s parent/legal guardian may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winner and/or winner’s parent/legal guardian are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, participant and participant’s parent/legal guardian agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Publicity Release. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC, COX ENTERPRISES, INC., CANOBIE LAKE PARK, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE WINNER’S NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO WINNER AND WINNER’S PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AND PARTICIPANT’S PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANT AND PARTICIPANT’S PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize based upon enthusiasm, spirit, and willingness to appear on camera during the live Zip Trip broadcast.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The contest is sponsored by Cox Media Group Northeast, LLC d/b/a WFXT-TV, 25 Fox Drive, Dedham MA 02026. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after August 24, 2018), or a copy of these Official Rules, visit boston25news.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winners List/Official Rules Canobie Jr. Reporter Contest, 25 Fox Drive, Dedham MA 02026. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact WFXT Sales Dept., 25 Fox Drive, Dedham MA 02026.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.